Daycare Insurance Information
Working in child care can be rewarding, but it also comes with enormous responsibility. As a childcare provider, your business faces many unique risks (e.g., a child is injured or mistreated in your care) that could result in costly litigation fees and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Daycare business insurance, also known as childcare insurance, can provide financial protection from costs associated with injuries, accidents and lawsuits. Contact Keats Insurance Agencies for more information on daycare coverage.
What Does Daycare Insurance Cover?
As a childcare business owner, you’re legally responsible for the safety of the children in your care. But children are accident-prone, and injuries happen.
The following are examples of insurance coverages that can be purchased to protect your daycare from costly out-of-pocket expenses:
- General liability insurance can help pay for costs (e.g., legal fees, medical bills) if your daycare is held legally responsible for causing third-party bodily injury, property damage or advertising injury.
- Professional liability insurance can help cover legal expenses if your business is sued for a mistake made while providing professional services to a customer or client. This may also be called errors and omissions insurance.
- Abuse and molestation liability can provide financial protection if an employee is accused of abusing the children in your care.
- Workers’ compensation insurance can help pay for your employees’ missed wages and medical costs if they experience a work-related injury or illness. In most states, workers’ compensation is required for any business with employees.
- Corporal punishment liability can help cover expenses arising from allegations that you or an employee administered corporal punishment on a child in your care.
- Commercial auto insurance can provide liability coverage and help cover costs arising from property damage if your business-related vehicles are in an accident or are damaged by a covered loss.
- Directors and officers insurance can help pay your legal fees if your board members are accused of mismanaging funds, failing to meet regulatory standards or performing official duties.
Contact Keats Insurance Agencies for more information on the daycare coverage you need and to get a free insurance quote.
How Much Does Daycare Insurance Cost?
Every business is different. Your insurance needs and the cost to insure your business will vary with numerous factors, such as the following:
- Policy details (e.g., coverage types and deductible amounts)
- Services offered (e.g., field trips)
- Business income
- Number of children supervised
Where Can I Buy Daycare Insurance?
At Keats Insurance Agencies, we make your business our priority. Contact us today to speak to an insurance agent.
We proudly serve customers in New York and Florida. Our offices are in Mineola, Monticello and Baldwin, New York, and Fort Myers, Florida.